Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Pink ballerina dress, sz 2T (92cl)

I bought this vintage fabric from the US a while ago from a wonderful lady. I actually bought quite a lot from her, but this fabric has been sitting on the shelves forever. It is SO pretty and SO soft, so I have saved it for the perfect occasion. Well, after a while you kinda get the scissors phobia for cutting fabric. So I decided to give it a go now.

I do the back a little bit different every time. This time it is an invisibel back, but again with the elastic loop and button to close it. I found that closing on a top when my daughter was a baby and I really liked it. So easy to get dressed that way!

I used purple fabric on the arms and as seam binding (yes, I made this one myself for perfect colour match). I am not sure if it is visible, but the trim around the neck actually has a small embroidery with little tulips on it. For the mere fun of making it...
A little detail from the dress. One of the ballerinas and my label.

This one is already out in the Etsy shop and I think this one will go FAST since it already has 4 hearts!! I got a little bit more of this fabric so I can make customs for other dresses as well. But, I would say that since the print is so large I don't think it will be suitable for smaller sizes than this, otherwise I will have to cut the legs of the ballerinas, and we wouldn't want that, would we??

9 comments:

ingermaaike said...

It is the cutest dress ever!

Swiedebie said...

It is so pretty Kaja! I love the way you cut it in balance and the little detail is important, you gave it a good place. Good job.

LumLum said...

Jag älskar den!

JinxLinda said...

Jättefin <3

od Andulky said...

Underbar!

Fangoria said...

Superfin!!!

Beata said...

Vad fin!

Erica said...

I love that fabric!

Hello said...

Helt underbart fantastisk!!! Vilket tyg! Och så kombinationen sen...!