Sunday, 6 September 2009

Another skirt - with lots of hearts!


This is one of those fabrics I have had on the shelves forever. It is an original fabric from the 70's, but since the colours are so clear and the quality (100% cotton, I believe) I doubt that it has ever been used. Since autumn is coming and everyone is starting to find warmer and darker clothes I decided that now was the time for a brown skirt. Well, another brown skirt, since I showed you a brown skirt the other day...

This time I have used pink seam binding for hemming, since I just loooove the combination of brown and pink. Then I thought the skirt was finished. But, then again... Perhaps not?? Something was missing.... I decided to make just ONE heart appliqué in the same pink fabric as the seam binding. As they say - less is more!


This skirt will be available on Etsy. The price is set at $30. I still got some more of this fabric in case you need it in another size or another colour combo!

6 comments:

Fia said...

Wonderful! I also love the combination of brown and pink...!

Ett Tu Tre said...

Mmm, brunt och rosa och en hel massa hjärtan - det kan inte bli bättre.

Kaoz said...

Så fint! Kjempesøtt jenteskjørt i fine farger =)

Sara said...

Very sweet skirt! I agree brown and pink are very nice together.

Hello said...

Ja brunt och rosa är aldrig fel! Jag har samma tyg i grönt. Det gör sig dock inte med rosa... ;)

Moi! said...

Å så sött!