Friday, 28 August 2009

Lack of models - and the solution...

It is REALLY hard to take good pictures of babies. Most of my kids pictures from 2 mths of age are mainly two big nostrils in the face. The are usually not cooperating to do what you want them to do, and if you get them to cooperate, then they will probably throw up or drewl or something else. Since all my designs are One Of A Kind (OOAK) I don't want to risk having to wash any clothes before shipping them...

On the other hand. It is even HARDER to take good pictures of babies if you don't have any available at the moment. My baby is 3 1/2 years old at the moment an is more than twice the lenght she had as newborn.
So. In order to solve this problem I have bought myself a baby from Docklandet. I wanted a short haired blond girl with blue eyes, since I live in Sweden and blond&blueeyed is what most people associate Sweden with.


Today I made my first photosession with my doll. And she is really good at posing thanks to an aluminum skeleton (which unfortunately makes her not very nice to cuddle, I might have to buy one without a skeleton for my daughter for christmas...). And I think the pictures turned out pretty well.

All of these dresses are available in my Etsy shop. Oh, and if any one of you got a suitable name for her, please let me know. Otherwise I will probably call her Matilda, as she resembles my niece when she was about one year old.

8 comments:

Sigmosaics said...

ha she is so cute :) and as you say, this little baby isn't going to dribble and drool over your beautiful creations! happy photographing!!

Rita alias alatvian said...

she is so supercute and makesme smile every time I see her!

X by Leina Neima said...

:) What a lovely and calm mannequin! And that last dress, It could be mine as well...

Caroline said...

Den bruna klänningen är perfekt. Gillar den verkligen. Synd att den inte passar mig.

Jag förstår på Etsy att bilderna gör mycket. Jag tycker du ska ljusa upp dem lite om du har möjlighet. Kolla här, har försökt visa.
http://www.bakel.se/kaja.html

Sara said...

Nice model! And handy that you don't have to worry what sort of face she's making. Nor will you have to bribe her (as I have to occasionally do with my children!). LOL

ikketikketheo said...

Talented model! (in lovely clothes) Good to have you back! Matilda is a wonderful name - if my boy would have turned out as a girl it would have been a Matilda ;) And I think it is a Swedish name - at least the way you spell it.

ingermaaike said...

What a sweet and easy tempered model you have! The dresses are so prettily modeled by her.

Hello said...

Oj, oj, oj så fina klänningar! Helt underbara!

Matilda är väl ett bra namn! Eller så får du ta nåt supersvenskt som Svea Neutralia Wilfreda, som lär vara något som någon har hetat på riktigt. Någon född under första världskriget, tror jag. Min man har hittat det i en bok om släktforskning!