Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Red denim apron dress with folklore inspiration, sz 2T (92cl)


I cut this red light weigh denim fabric for a dress and then I realised that I had nothing to go with it... Go figure that I of all people would run out of fabric!Then I made a trip to the local charity second hand and found this old curtain that had perfect measurements and even had a matching red trim! I even had enough fabric to make that gathering in the back that gives a little extra volume for a nice silhouette.


I thought about which colour to use on the seam binding. I had green, yellow, red and white to choose from, since they were all included in the stripes of the white fabric. I decided to go with yellow. A pretty bold suggestion, but it really gave the effect that I wanted.There are not zippers or buttons on this dress, just pull it over your head and tie the bands!


It is listed on Etsy. But, I am not sure that I am done with it just yet. I might add a little flower or a bow or something by the neckline... We'll see!

7 comments:

Doris_Assar said...

Underbar!!! Klänningen nedan är också jättefin. Du har verkligen fångat lite "gammelsvensk" stil :-)

ikketikketheo said...

Jag tror dom här klänningarna kan bli storsäljare....hoppas det för dig iaf ;)

ingermaaike said...

It is perfectly cute as is, no embellishment needed!

Botilda said...

Fantastisk! Bara att gratulera. Och jag håller nog med iner maaike om att den är bra som den är.

Dr. Gill said...

Nydelig! Både denne og den forrige!! :)

Jes said...

Lika underbar som den förra, model är ju att dö för :)

GOBLIgobli said...

Underbar modell!! Den har jag inte sett förut, någonsin tror jag...
Lovely!