Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Summer wardrobe for my daughter

I have made a little summer wardrobe, consisting of four items that can be combined with eachother and will be easy to combine with other things as well

The first one is a dress/tunic in blue with little white suns on it. It is very soft fabric and I really like it. My first instinct was to go with blue or navy ribbing, but I decided to go with red instead. This really spices up this tunic from being pretty booring, to just pretty!

Second item is a pair of tights/leggings in the same fabric. These would be great with a white t-shirt as well.

Third item is a pair of red leggings in a thicker interlock fabric. It will be warmer than the other pair of leggings, but still not to warm to be able to use them in the summer.
Fourth item is a dress/tunic in white with lots of large red flowers on it. This fabric is really thin and probably has some viscose in it, since it is more of an adult type of material, and I first intended it to be a skirt or a top for me. But, then it ended up being a dress for my daughter. I wasn't sure about if she would like it, as it has a different feeling to it than a regular t-shirt knit fabric, but she loves it. This will also be very cool for summer. Since I am always worrying about the children getting burned in the sun, these long sleevees will be perfect.

I used white ribbing around the neck and arms. I thought about using another colour first, but I went through my entire stash of ribbing, and nothing really worked, so, white it is...
And, as you can see it will work together with the red tights/leggings too.

8 comments:

ingermaaike said...

Such a practical and fun set!

Rita from alatvian.etsy.com said...

Your lucky girl!

Ravenhill said...

Great work! The red and white are fabulous!!!
~emily xx

Hello said...

Så praktiskt när allt passar med allt. Den röda tunikan går väl till de blå tightsen också!?

LeelaBijou said...

Very nice work! :)

Botilda said...

Snyggt som tusan. Och nu ser jag hur de uppblåsbara provdockorna funkar. Det får kanske bli en sån. Materialsport...

metamorphosis said...

Citerar någon här ovan, Lucky girl!

Ffa översta tunikan var klockren med det röda kanterna till det ljusblå! Sommrig och fin!

Chichiboulie said...

oh I just love that red and white tunic.. such a fresh and classic combination