Thursday, 25 June 2009

Snowboard longsleeved t-shirts, in the middle of the summer??

Yes. I know. I am terribly off season. We have summer here in Sweden and I am making snowboard t-shirts. Long sleeved. But. I bought this fabric in March and intended to make the tops before we went skiing, but I never got around to finish them until now. My son has been asking me when his top will be ready, and I have actually had it aaaaaalmost finished for quite a while, only the hemming. But, now I finished them all.
The model has a pretty snug fit, intended to be used under an extra sweater if needed. The one with only snowboardprint on it is a size 128 (7yrs) and this one we will keep.The one with red arms is a size 122-128 (6-7yrs) and the smallest one is probably a size 110 (5 yrs)

The orange one almost got a crew neck, but when it is cold outside it's really not a bad idea to cover up a bit more. The fabric is cotton knit, really soft and very stretchy. The solid fabrics are cotton knit as well, but not as stretchy as the printed one.

The two ones with the solid arms will be posted on Etsy soon, but I am not sure if it is a great idea to do that in the middle of the summer... *LOL*

5 comments:

ikketikketheo said...

People start doing their wintershopping in august, so pretty soon they are totally IN. I like the fabric and fully understand your son...

ingermaaike said...

Indeed, soon people will start autumn shopping already. And they are great in summer too, on the chillier evenings :-D

Rita from alatvian.etsy.com said...

I love these!

LizA said...

Synd att du inte hade en helprintad i 128/134, då hade jag köpt en direkt till H. Misstänker att du köpt det på fabric fairy el dyl? :)

jealousydesign said...

håller med de andra, det är dags att börja tänka på hösten och vintern redan, när man har lång frakttid gäller det att alltid ligga steget före. Har själv börjat förbereda inför julklapps försäljningen. :)