Tuesday, 30 June 2009

EuropeanStreetTeam Challange - "Traditional Costume"

Yes. I admit. I was to late for this weeks challenge. I finished it at about the same time as Kraplap who hosted this weeks challange with the theme of traditional costume. In all there were 20 contributors and my inspiration was of course a Swedish folk dress. But, I made it with some free interpretation and instead of heavy woolen fabric I decided to use stretchy denim fabric.

The edges are trimmed with light blue seam binding, and by the neck there is a bow made of a red woven band with little flowers on it. In the back the skirt is tied togeher with the ends of the seam binding. And, the inner skirt is showing off a slight gathering for extra volume and a nice silhouette.

Petronella from Kraplap had found this postcard that shows a Swedish folk dress, and if you add a white blouse it is not that far away from what I created. This dress is already listed on Etsy if you are interrested. It is a size 4T (104cl), but has a very generous fit, and could probably fit a 5T (110) too!

12 comments:

Fia said...

Beautiful!! Great idea not to use wool. I inherited my grandma´s old folkdrakt and the skirt is made of wool, which is perfect if it isn´t so hot, but now it would be impossible to wear it..

Jes said...

Vilken underbar klänning, där har du verkligen lyckats!!! kanon :)

ikketikketheo said...

ääälskar underkjolen!! underbar interpretation av en svensk folkdräkt :)

LumLum said...

Den är underbar! Alldeles alldeles underbar!

Sara said...

Very sweet!

Caroline said...

Det här var en av dina bästa verk tror jag nog!

anna said...

Underbar!!

Rita from alatvian.etsy.com said...

Great! I looooove it!

Chichiboulie said...

oh that is lovely! just perfect.

Star of the East said...

This is wonderful, looks gorgeous and I love the detail on the back!

Kool Inka said...

Så otroligt vackert!

Linjam said...

Fantastiskt fin!!!