Friday, 29 May 2009

New dress model - and Pippi of course!

I made a Pippi Longstocking dress last year. But since my daughter has been growing very rapidly during the winter the old dress could hardly be called a dress anymore. Tunic, or even a top... So I decided to try out a new model of dress instead. This has three pieces on the front and three pieces on the back and seems to be getting a really god fit!
In the back I have used an opening with a button on top and a elastic thread to close it. I am still not completely satisfied with this solution, technically that is, it is really very practical.

The sleeves has a slight gathering at the hem, and a contrasting seam binding. I will probably not use this solution any more, a lot of work and it really didn't have the effect I was looking for. I will probably just use elastics for the next one.

All in all, I am pretty satisfied with the result. I think there will be more of this model. Not only has my daughter trown in an order for an "Emil i Lönneberga"-dress, but she has also been eying a few other fabrics...
I used my inflatable manequins for the first time and I think I like them. A live model would of course be better, but this way I don't have to wait for any child to cooperate. Also, the clothes looks so much better in 3-d than on a hanger.
Hemskt ledsen, orkar inte skriva på två språk idag. Får bli en annan dag.

9 comments:

Chichiboulie said...

very sweet dress!

ikketikketheo said...

Vilken lyckad modell! Ser fram emot fler :)

ingermaaike said...

It looks great anyways!

Doris_Assar said...

Gillar verkligen modellen!

SumpinElse said...

So precious!

Botilda said...

Å, är det Roxy? Snygg! Har aldrig hört om uppblåsbara dockor - de måste ju vara toppen!

Hello said...

Nämen hallå! Ska man behöva läsa på utrikiska nu, va? ;)

Jättehärlig modell! Uppblåsbar docka lät ju trevligt. Var har du hittat en sån?

Hawk and Weasel said...

Superfin modell! We like!

Thea said...

Jag gillade också modellen på den klänningen. Härligt med klockningen. Jag är också lite nyfiken på dockorna. VAr hittar man såna?