Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Boo-boo bag

At least a month ago there was a field trip at our childrens kindergarten. They were supposed to bring a snack. Unfortunately I totally forgot about this... No biggie, really, they would have survived... But. Another father had also forgotten to bring something, and when he realized that there were 4 children in the same kindergarten group that had forgotten about the snack, he immediately bought a bag with a cinnamon roll and a juice, not only for his son, but for all the four children. Talk about an being a hero!!
So. I wanted to make him something, as a token of gratitude. So. I made him a boo-boo bag. This is a small cotton bag, filled with wheat, that you put into the freezer to keep cold. In case someone hits their head or bruises their knee, you got something cold! We uses our every now and then, and I am always so grateful that I got one! It can also be heated in the microwave oven as a tiny wheat warmer.
I am particularly pleased with the fabric. Lots of band-aids and bottles with medicines. I am not sure I will put something like this out on Etsy since I think the shipping will be too expensive, but send me an email, and I'll make a customs order for you!

3 comments:

Chichiboulie said...

those are fabulous. we have one here for bumps and bruises and aches and pains. great idea!

UniqueNurseGranny said...

What a nice father and what a nice gift.Thoughtful of you.

mysigtdesign said...

What a wonderful fabric...where did you get it. I just want it.