Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Two new beanies - custom order

I got a custom order for two girls who needed beanies to go with their new jackets. The mum wanted them to be minky on the outside and some soft knit fabric on the inside. I decided to make one pink with brown lining and one brown with orange lining. And, to top it off a bit I put an appliqué of the same fabric as the lining.

The pink one was supposed to be the largest, but as it turned out, the brown/orange had more stretch in it, so it was really the one that was the largest of them. I will try them on my children today to see wheather it is working anyway, otherwise I will have to make one more of the pink...

Jag fick en beställning från två systrar som behövde mösor för att matcha deras nya jackor. Mamman ville ha velour med trikåfoder. Så, jag bestämde mig för att göra en rosa med brunt foder och en brun med brandgult foder. Och för att krydda upp det hela så satte jag på en applikation i samma tyg som fodret.

Tanken var att den rosa skulle vara den större storleken, men det visade sig att den brun/orange var mycket stretchigare i materialet, så det är nog den som är störst i storleken. Jag ska prova på mina barn i kväll för att se om det kan funka ändå, annars så kommer det att bli en ny rosa...


1 comment:

Jes said...

Snygga mössor, härlig färgkombination.