Sunday, 30 March 2008

Tights...

My daughter is potty training at the moment. This means that I do a lot of laundry, since there are accidents now and then. I realized that in all my sewing I had missed making matching tights with the sweaters and tunics. So, I decided to make a lot of tights to update my daughters wardrobe. It is just different kinds of light-weight jersey with a rubberband, but the coverstitch on the bottom of the legs really took the longest time... I like the coverstitch a lot, since the result gets so pretty, but the time to fasten off the seams take so much time...
There has to be some better way of doing this. These are the first three pairs, and three more is on its way.

Vi håller på med pott-träning hemma. Det innebär att jag tvättar en hel massa, eftersom små olyckor händer då och då. Jag insåg att jag totalt hade missat att göra tights till tröjorna och tunikorna. Så, jag bestämde mig för att göra MÅNGA tights för att uppdatera dotterns gardrob. Det är bara olika färger på tunna stretchtyger med ett resårband i midjan och så coversöm i slutet på benen. Men, coversömmarna är nog det som har tagit längst tid. De blir verkligen snygga, men att det ska ta sådan tid att fästa trådarna så att de inte går upp retar mig något hemskt. Det måste finnas något bättre sätt att göra detta på...
Här är de tre första paren, men tre par till är på väg.

No comments: