Thursday, 6 December 2007

Crochet, crochet, crochet

My daughter has decided that 22.00 is a good time to fall asleap. I don't really agree with her, but due to this I don't get any time with my sewing mashine right now. I tried to cut fabrics, but since both children were "helping me" by cutting in places I didn't want them to cut, or trying to eat the needles (the coloured glass on the top looks like candy...), so I gave that up as well. Besides. I still have enough cut fabric to keep me occupied for a couple of nights. However, to use some yarn and crochet needle is possble. So, I've made a pair of mittens for my daughter. I ALMOST followed the pattern this time. But, I used thinner yarn and smaller needle. And, of course, since it is me, I was doing my own way on the top. I didn't want is as pointed.

I'm currently working my way through 3 cardigans! The first one was ok, but I realized that I didn't have enough yarn of that main colour I used, so it ended up as a pom-pom for the santa's hat I'm making for my son. The second one was ok in the beginning when I was doing chains and single crochets, but when I started doing only single crochets it got a bit too tight. Perhaps a larger needle?? So, instead of loosing all the work done I decided to try an alternative solution on a third cardigan. This is turning out pretty well. I still have a lot of work to do on it, but since I am changing yarn colour every other lap it doesn't get that boring...
However, the pattern was for striped in the bottom and then only single crochets in one colour, so I will probably end up with some problems when I get to the armpits. We'll see. Perhaps I will have to start a fourth cardigan as well, but use a larger needle...

No comments: